About Our Parish
A very warm welcome
to our parish website for the Catholic parish of
Haslemere, Hindhead and Chiddingfold
The parish consists of three churches, Our Lady of Lourdes in Haslemere, St. Anselm in Hindhead and St. Teresa of Avila in Chiddingfold. In addition to these three churches serving the parish, masses are also celebrated at the Holy Cross Hospital Chapel in Haslemere.
Although the parish covers quite a wide geographical area with three churches, there is a strong unity of purpose and spirit of mutual support within the parish, with many opportunities for spiritual development and events of a more social nature for everyone to come together, creating a dynamic outward looking parish.
We extend a warm welcome to all who wish to join us in both our services and our social and outreach activities.
We greatly value opportunities to build on our relationship with other Christian Churches, local organizations and the wider community of which we are a part.
As a Roman Catholic Parish of approximately 400 parishioners, we form part of the Deanery of Guildford, the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton and the Universal Church under the leadership of Pope Francis.
The mission of the parish is to obey the command of our Lord, Jesus Christ, to bring the joy of the gospel to all whom we encounter, whether already baptised or not. Every decision made in our parish and all our activities should be guided by this command.
Haslemere, Hindhead & Chiddingfold
Our Lady of Lourdes Church - Haslemere
Our Lady of Lourdes Church owes its origin to Evelyn Dudley Coats who bought land belonging to Lord Derby, presented it to the diocese, and paid for the building. The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Keating in 1923 and the church opened for worship two years later.